European break down cover

meatloaf
This post is 2543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm planning on a bike trip across the channel with my daughter next month, no route planned yet but probable a 5 day trip. Figured I should get some break down cover, has anyone got any recommendations.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Meat, you ok mate? You've not been here for a while. As to cover, there's all sorts out there and it's a bit of lottery really, if it was me and I was taking one of my kids then I would stick to the well know brands and forget the cheap shit..! AA or RAC and damn the cost.

Just Googled it and this is what it came up with

Compare our European Breakdown Cover
  RAC Comprehensive Plus AA
Has a Defaqto 5 Star rating Yes Yes
Garage labour costs included** £1,000 £0
Emergency roadside repair or towing costs to the nearest garage Unlimited Unlimited
UK hire car whilst awaiting repatriation 7 consecutive days

Up to 2 days

built onto my insurance, just told them I will be abroad, no problem they said.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slice said:

Hi Meat, you ok mate? You've not been here for a while. As to cover, there's all sorts out there and it's a bit of lottery really, if it was me and I was taking one of my kids then I would stick to the well know brands and forget the cheap shit..! AA or RAC and damn the cost.

Just Googled it and this is what it came up with

Compare our European Breakdown Cover
  RAC Comprehensive Plus AA
Has a Defaqto 5 Star rating Yes Yes
Garage labour costs included** £1,000 £0
Emergency roadside repair or towing costs to the nearest garage Unlimited Unlimited
UK hire car whilst awaiting repatriation 7 consecutive days

Up to 2 days

Hi Slice, I'm fine not posted lately but always lurking in the background reading the posts, as for taking my daughter, it's her that's taking me, as soon as she passed her test last year she promised/threatened me that she would take me on a little trip to Europe.

Google is my best friend but I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations as I know there is a lot of cheap shit out there. No worries when I get 5 minutes I'll use my best friend and avoid the crap. 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online