Sr125 rear shocks

1am570yl3z
This post is 2777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well the top vid looks like the shock spacer is too small and the 2nd vid looks like you have a spacer already on the mounting bolt, I think the problem is that you haven't taken the old shock spacer off, might be completely wrong but it's my best guess anyway from what I can see!

• Like 2

thanks for your reply.. the bike did have original shocks but were damaged, and yes that is what i was thinking but its definitely on there. and didnt want to mash it to no avail then put rubber to it... 

will try over the weekend many thanks for your advice.

The bottom mounting is supposed to be like that . It is a shouldered stud. Try and pick up a manual, it shows it in there

• Like 1

When I bought new shocks they actually came with two sets of bushings... Could you not take the bushings out of your old shocks? Or are they trashed?

I'm with Jimmy though... I think that stud is supposed to be that way. :eusa_think: 

On some of the bikes I've had there has been a stud with a top hat sort of thing (bush and large washer) that went over it, if you look close it does look like the thread goes under the bush? But more than willing to say I'm wrong!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online