Noobie intro

Bryn
This post is 2807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all

thought it would be prudent to post an intro since i have signed up.

I passed my test last friday and obtained a 97 XVS 650 custom from a lad at work (my boy was quite chuffed)

img]script>ZjcMvSi.jpg

with a knackered final drive

img]img]76oZEgS.jpg

yip, a bit chewed

zTHy1pi.jpg

sourced a 95 535 virago complete hub, shaft and worm gear for a mere £50 in excellent condition (the oil was still crystal clear when i split the drive out and fitted it into the 650 hub.

7XMgRvD.jpg

All set and got 8 mile into the trip home and, well it broke down (fortunately a friend was not far away so kept me company for a couple of hours until another mate saved the day with his van)

gg0Ma9F.jpg

It coughed and spluttered at 60mph then the ignition lights wouldn't light up. Got the battery charged overnight and got 3 long cranks out of it before the starter solenoid started clattering then nothing.

£35 later for a new Lucas battery and brum brum brum it sprang back to life at the second burst (the previous owner has had the reg/rec replaced as well as the solenoid along with a bit of loom remade)

So fingers crossed it should be well.

The plans for the winter are 

a full tear down and frame painted
big end bearings as there is a hint of bottom end knock
bobbed
tracker bars
under bar mirrors (already bought)
headlight with integrated indicators built in (already bought)
Shortened forks or possibly an R1 front end with a classic wheel

so there it is

regards

Bryn

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:wavey: welcome aboard Bryn!

Hi Bryn, welcome to the YOC. You need to load your photos into something like photobucket then copy them across otherwise you just get the "GIF" and no photo.

well been in for its MOT

and failed on the rear brake not releasing so should be sorted for a retest on Monday after sorting the pivot point in the drum

Not really that bad for a 19 year old tank lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online