Bike involved in a smash

Variomatic
This post is 2840 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On the 3rd some dopey sod managed to rear end me at a roundabout and royally fucked up the rear of my bike, but my main issue here is that to repair it I need a new tail lamp (along with other parts) and since the YBR custom is a rather hard bike to find parts for I can't find a rear tail lamp, or even a rear tail lamp cover. Does anybody have one going? 

(would have put this in the wanted section, but I was re-directed to a dead page) 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sorry to hear that, are you a paid member as I can post on there no problem.

Why are you finding parts and not the insurance of the 3rd party?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, drewpy said:

sorry to hear that, are you a paid member as I can post on there no problem.

Why are you finding parts and not the insurance of the 3rd party?

Because if I dare go near my insurance company they will fuck me up, put simply. They will price it up with OEM parts and write my bike off, the money I'll get won't be even close to enough, and my insurance will shoot up regardless of it being her fault. Insurance companies are legally required and are uncontrolled, I fucking despise them with every ounce of my being. And she doesn't seem to understand the fact that if I try and claim I simply won't have a bike anymore. Fuck this bitch. 

And no I'm not paid, to be honest if I don't have money to fix this I don't have money to pay for a forum I rarely use.

• Like 1

What year? What all do you need? 2008 tail light on eBay UK:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/152127442441?_mwBanner=1

16 hours ago, Sacha said:

What year? What all do you need? 2008 tail light on eBay UK:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/152127442441?_mwBanner=1

Fuck sake, I messaged that exact seller asking if he had a tail light and he said no. Lasy bastard couldn't even be bothered to look though the parts pile. Thanks mate, big help :lol:

• Like 1

What the fuck is it with roundabouts and dozy cager fucks? They seem to not smash into each other that much... 

• Like 1

why you should have to pay if is not your fault? recently my wife was involved in a car accident, something easy, a car bend her rear door easy fix with a hammer. she get from the 3rd  insurance company £1400... more with £300 than she paid for the car when she buy it 2 years ago and had 50.000 miles less. that because she decide to keep the car because the second offer was to get £1850 and leave to car to go... she don`t even had to make a call to make the claim, they call her. I don`t think things stay worst with the bikes. they usually offer you a better price, unless you spend a lot of money to restore that bike before. because if you had a restored bike and you don`t have agreed value with your insurance company, I guess you are fucked.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online