Center stand on correctly? YBR125

125fightingmachine
This post is 2899 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I took it off as it was getting a bitty rusty, have been a total wingnut and forgot how it went on exactly... Firstly the left base of the stand, when riding - springs up and hits the underneath of the chain (shown in picture 2 below). When going over a bump in the road in bounces around underneath me. It feels as though it should have a washer or a very thin spacer on the axle as it wobbles from side to side a bit and this could be causing the base to hit the chain...?

Also it doesn't feel like it snaps shut and if it did it would completely jam into the chain. May I need a new spring?) Could someone please mail me a picture of theirs so I can match it? This is what mine looks like.. (Shown in the comments below) Have I got the spring and pedal on the right way round? And is the small metal coil related to the center stand?

Cheers in advance! Any help please! Fire on! Don't want to be thrown off whilst riding :(

image_zpsmxkzbf3h.jpeg

image_zpslshn5aj0.jpeg

image_zpsdxumeuje.jpeg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
53 minutes ago, 125fightingmachine said:

Seems like a reeeeeeeeeal dodgy center stand!! I took it off as it was getting a bitty rusty, have been a total wingnut and forgot how it went on exactly... Firstly the left base of the stand, when riding - springs up and hits the underneath of the chain (shown in picture 2 of the comments below).

Also it doesn't feel like it snaps shut and if it did it would completely jam into the chain. May I need a new spring?) Could someone please mail me a picture of theirs so I can match it? This is what mine looks like.. (Shown in the comments below) Have I got the spring and pedal on the right way round? 

Cheers in advance! Any help please! Fire on! Don't want to be thrown off whilst riding :(

57 minutes ago, 125fightingmachine said:

Seems like a reeeeeeeeeal dodgy center stand!! I took it off as it was getting a bitty rusty, have been a total wingnut and forgot how it went on exactly... Firstly the left base of the stand, when riding - springs up and hits the underneath of the chain (shown in picture 2 of the comments below).

Also it doesn't feel like it snaps shut and if it did it would completely jam into the chain. May I need a new spring?) Could someone please mail me a picture of theirs so I can match it? This is what mine looks like.. (Shown in the comments below) Have I got the spring and pedal on the right way round? 

image.jpegimage_zpslshn5aj0.jpeg

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

URL]URL]

image_zpsdxumeuje.jpeg

If you grab the stand and wiggle it , does it move side to side ? If so the pivot pin or the holes it passes through ,or both , could be worn .  Are you sure it's not touching the chain because the chain is too loose ?  That chain's seen better days !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 125fightingmachine said:

Hi Kev! Yes it does move from side to side. I'm thinking it should be pulled more in one direction so that it is off the chain.. Is the metal coil in picture 3 anything to do with the center stand do you know?

happy riding, Louis :)

what metal coil?

• Like 1

Did you check the chain tension? Also, didn't you paint it whilst it was off? You said you took it off as it was getting rusty but it still looks rusty in the pictures...

Did you have any of these issues before you removed it? If not, I'd say you've put it on incorrectly so it might be worth removing and seeing if you can reinstall it in a different way or checking you haven't lost a stop bung etc 

Good luck sorting

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online