1966 Yamaha Twin Jet 100cc

anyoldiron
This post is 2885 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anyoldiron has been left to his own devices again 

Picked up this luverly little original Twin Jet today, and a parts monster, with a boot load of parts. The red one will receive the usual love, dont know what to do with the green thing yet some $%^^%%#@ has cut the rear mudguard, so thats the end of original for that one..............................maybe a mini cafe racer in black, with silver accents, there, i said it out loud Cafe racer. Much wrenching will be done this weekend.

1966%20twin%20jet_zpsj7fq8lap.jpg

1966%20twin%20jet.%202_zpsclnytjby.jpg

............................................and just in case there are any thoughts off ''the luck of some people'' i drove 1700 odd kms to do the deed ;) The love is strong in this one

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

l didnt want to mention the Honda, i haven't pissed any one off tooooo  much yet. l haven't ridden it far or really hard yet, but what i have tells me that it will upset  a certain model near and dear to our hearts in a big way in acceleration and in the twisties 

Need some specifics cos the yams are classics with loyal following where the Honda dissapeared cos it was dull. 

Not faster, not more reliable, not anything really. Honda stopped making them. Pulled out of 2strokes entirely AND pushed the 2 stroke out of racing. Yep Honda had a big hand in that.

All because they couldnt make a good one to save their saki.

7 hours ago, Cynic said:

Need some specifics cos the yams are classics with loyal following where the Honda dissapeared cos it was dull. 

Not faster, not more reliable, not anything really. Honda stopped making them. Pulled out of 2strokes entirely AND pushed the 2 stroke out of racing. Yep Honda had a big hand in that.

All because they couldnt make a good one to save their saki.

Erm bollocks, way faster than a 250LC in all aspects, faster than a 350LC in every way accept maybe top end, and its a big maybe. And if they wearnt anything  to come by, how come  Yamaha (six years later)  and Suzuki (four years later) both, copied the configuration and Aprilla used it.. As for dull, have you actually ridden one?

To say that they dont have a loyal following is laughable to put it nicely. 

This is based on the FACT that i own all of the bikes in question and have spent the past few hours riding them back to back, not regurgitated speil i have read on the interweb. But i would be more than happy to hear your real life hands on experience, please share.

As for Honda destroying racing, whaaaaaaaaaa, really , Honda is a BUSINESS, not a sport.

Ah, apologies. Its one of the jap ones. We only got the parallel twin here. Never seen a v twin Honda 2stroke.

Parrallel

IT LIVES. 

Again, no great magic worked here, carbs, petcock tank and odds and sods, if i have any claim to fame, its buying them right. i have the real detailing to do, clutch is slipping, most likely the usual, stuck plates, im hopeing some riding will fix it. These bikes are such a blast to ride , so ''honest''. l have no idea why they are not more popular here, i love these tiddlers, im mean, whats not to like!

Some minor electrics work to do, new seat foam, and most importantly a new intake manifold, apologies for the shite video, filming not my forte 

YL1%204_zpsajzavkp5.jpg

YL1%201_zpsbzbzndx1.jpg

YL1%203_zpse439b04i.jpg

YL1%202_zpsqpkzcgmu.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely little bike! :yeah: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online