Problems- Yamaha TZR50 '03

M1lan2000
This post is 2914 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have new problem.. Polini reeds, 16mmPHBN Dellorto, Iridium sparkplug,...The bike revs great in Neutral it goes over 12k RPM but when i want to go, in 1st gear it just Moooa and stops, bike start  inmidietly on electric and again it revs good in N, but it cant go, on push start he can go in 1st and 2nd till 3-4k RPM, it is 10-20KPH, i dont know what is wrong with the bike... in gears it just sounds like "Mooooooaahhh" and stops, in Neutral is great, revs more than good, over 12.000-13.000 RPM.. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
On 4/27/2016 at 10:38 PM, Airhead said:

do a compression test

Compression is about 10-11 BAR.. i replaced piston rings today, it revs great in Neutral but in 1st gear the top is 4500rpm.. 
someone have ideas?

With choke on it just stops, i am bad in english.. hmmm the bike turns off with choke on, i tried another carb, working carb, and i can drive it for 100meters and go to 6th gear normaly and after about 100meters it says moooaaaaa and turns off again.. with my carb it cant even do 10meters in 1 st gear...
I really need to fix this..

No difference without filter.. yes there is good flow.. i think choke is problem.. it goes good for 100m without choke and then i must switch choke, if i dont do that bike stops, and if i swittch it dont stop but it cant go over 4000rpm

If it needs choke to run,  then its fuel starvation, , 

• Like 1

there is very little information in the manual, yes now you've told us that it does sound like fuel starvation. Check inside the carb, is there a filter sctreen in the inlet side of the float valve...I've seen carbs that do have this on board filter before

• Like 1

i tried "infusion" but it is the same, fuel is leaking from small hose onder the carb, thas hose has been closed with some screw... i unscrewed that and fuel is leaking when i stop the engine.... and i didnt seen that filter in this carb.. the carb is Dellorto PHBN16 

sounds like it could be an overflow pipe, this shouldn't have a screw in it because by doing that a vacuum will develop in the floatbowl and cause fuel starvation

is the overflow pipe blocked with a screw???

• Like 3

it was blocked, but now i unscrewed that, and bike goes good, but now it needs setting, it turns off in neutral, on 5-6K RPM it starts to moaaa and when I leave gas it pass 6k rpm and goes great..
Do U know original setup for carb?

Thanks for helping guys!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online