HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIQUID!

Guest Tomg
This post is 6565 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest Tomg

Happy Birthday Liquid cooled!! 24 eh wonder what that feels like???

all the best peoples birthdays are in May!!

:birthday:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks guys! B) and cheers for the email scott ;) sorry i havent had time to be around much lately. been helluva busy with the house move etc not really had any net time. now here's some good news.....i'm going back to being a die hard biker B) went out on the gsxr the other day and couldnt believe how great it was or how much i've missed it. vikki's got a good fairly new car so i'm getting rid of mine and the gsxr and getting something fairly cheap and basic for commuting and going runs with my dad. tbh we can only afford to run one car and i'm happier with bikes. any ideas or suggestions for a bike are welcome guys, really dont know what to start looking for

Yep.....A Divvy would be my suggestion for affordable & reliable 2-Wheel transpo ;)

Of course you guys over on that side of the pond have a much better selection to choose from than us BleedinYanks :rolleyes:

Always good news to hear of someone shopping for a Bike! :thumb:

Hi guys, and belated birthday greetings Alan. Tom is right about the birthdays in May thing, it's Karen's on Monday! Better head to the shops later :o .

What sort of bike eh? Well, I wouldn't argue with the notion of a Divvy, although it may seem a bit tame after the GXSR. I got mine MOT'd tested yesterday (no problems) and I spoke to one of the guys in the workshop who last year told me that I would have no regrets about buying it because 'It will do anything for you' and as I told him yesterday he was dead right.

How much do you want to spend though, probably not a lot (new claims on the money bite hard on the available funds, don't they?). Assuming nothing less than a 600 fits the bill how about a Honda? CBR's are quite plentiful, or a Hornet or even a Deauville (like the Divvy, underated and overlooked but apparently very good bikes for distance work). Kawa don't seem to have to much but there seem to be good deals around on the Z750 as they can't seem to sell them although I have read some very positive comments. Suzuki might offer you something, a Bandit or SV650 (ask MarkinSC, he rates the SV highly) or how about a V-Strom, dare to be different! Yam, the divvy of course, or a Fazer? Thundercats seem to be a decent buy at a reasonable price if you can find a good one. Triumph, doubt if you want to spend that much do you?

Dunno if that helps, but let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online