Waterles coolant?

slice
This post is 3242 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick query, has anyone used this stuff? As I now have the FJR and want to keep it in the best condition I can I was considering using this stuff but don't know enough about it to make a decision. Any thoughts on it would be appreciated. Oh and one other thing it is an expensive option but does last (they say) about 20 years plus it has no corrosion in the engine thus keeping it free from the usual crud that builds up over time even with the best anti-freeze.

product_powersports_R.png

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The grease monkey on Wheeler Dealers used some in one of the cars they 'rescued'. Think it was an alpine but may be wrong.

You can't just whack it in I think you have to do a few things first to flush out the system of muck and such.

IIRC its boiling point is up in the 140deg c range so there is no pressure except for the pumping, also has a low freeze point so no antifreeze needed.

Worth it? Don't know, what will you spend on coolant in the next 20years, also once you swap you cannot top up with anything other than this so if you do get a leak on the mway from say a bad hose or gasket, something striking the rad you could have problems.

Is the corrosion issue that much, unlike a car the water doesn't go far in bikes, bit in the water jacket and around the head. Very unlikely to ever get enough corrosion to cause problems as long as you use an additive.

Good for a race bike, bit much for the road I think. Would like to know what others think though.

• Like 1

Thanks Cynic, there's the problem in a nut shell really, is there any point? :shrug:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online