Broken housing and need name of part :)

Moonmanzn
This post is 3311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon gentleman,

I'm trying to get my XVS 650 back together and have a housing that has cracked and gone through into the thread so is weeping oil, firstly I don't know what the part is called so im struggling to find a replacement, also if anyone has any leads on websites etc (bar eBay) which would see me right.

Appreciate your help

Regards 25d6316e96ef00e553272feade801664.jpgd25092b59a889c11aa903032c720fe12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've no idea what part that is...

The only thing it looks like from the parts catalogue is part of the cam chain tensioner assembly.

How big is this?

Where exactly was it attached?

What year is the bike?

Hang on... That's not part of the ignition barrel, is it?

Would it be from just in front of the engine on the lower barrels? cos if that's the case then I think it's called a "cylinder head side cover" see attached piccy CYLINDER_HEAD.pngnumbers 29 and 30 if I have the right thing and to make your life complete if I am right they say "part obsolete" on the order form, sorry but that's what it says. :shrug:

Thanks guys I got hold of a Yamaha service manual and discovered it was part of the cam chain tensioner as mentioned aboveboard it's the housing that bolts to the head and into which the tensioner bolt slides in, thank you though for doing the research, I'm on holiday at the moment so getting signal on an island in the middle of nowhere is fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YAY, I win!!!

Yah-boo-sucks to you, Slicey!! :lol:

This is the one: http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xvs650mmc-2000_model10856/tensioner-assycam-chain_11h1221002/#.VSamGi4vubg

Can probably find it cheaper, mind...

• Like 1

Oh Bugger !!! :eusa_doh:

No worries - I'm sure you'll get the next one!

• Like 1