1983 Kawa Z1000 Z1-R MKII..Opinions on this bike?

mcferreira100
This post is 3336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What's the old saying Mc "When in doubt DON'T"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yup..think too much doubt here..its not quite what I want anyway. Sometimes think I wouldn't mind a Goldwing for comfortable longer trips.

Took this for a test ride. No kickstart..a huge battery and pretty slow, but nice and comfy. Lovely wind protection and air suspension.

goldwing_zpsyjdt4y6f.jpg

Oh and first time I've ridden a shaft..feel some power loss but much smoother than chain.

If you want a long distance bike then you just rode it. Nice machines the goldwings and they hold their price reasonably well to. Not to be honest my cup of tea but each to their own, my XJ was a shaftie and I just loved the smooth ride it gave, my FJ on the other hand has the chain and it just boots your arse down the road. If your happy to pay the man his price buy it mate.

Well, provided it was working when it was parked, and it was kept under cover, the interneals should be in just as good a condition as when it was last run, so long as water and so on hasn't got into it.

Id go round with a battery and crank it over to make sure it's not siezed, if it wasn't, I'd likely have it, provided it was aparantly running ok when it was put there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online