DT175MX Tuning

mcferreira100
This post is 3371 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Aye Aye..tuning these two strokes....

Age old question again guys. Took a modern 175 for spin other day and was quite impressed as there is no missing at all thru the revs. With the last 175 restore I have eliminated crank seal issues as new is fitted. Still getting considerable bogging down before the powerband kicks in. Airscrew now turned out full 2 turns (about to try 2 1/2 turns). I would think all that`s left is to either adjust throttle needle leaner one notch (its in the middle)..or could it be these pilot jets are worn so replace? I always seem to be needing to go leaner with the 2strokes.

Friend rode the RD other day and suggested I take it to Yamaha for tuning.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Will give it a bash.

• 2 months later...

Ok where is Airhead?..good idea..removed air filter and took it for a spin leaving everything open. She ran so much better..no missing at all. So would think new air filter on the cards..but noticed just putting airbox cover back on (without filter) seemed to restrict it slightly again. Suggestions..I`m thinking new air filter and set throttle needle leaner one notch would do the trick.

Yep..did wash it (in soap water not fuel..and left to dry in the sun)..might have oiled bit too much. Will wash again in fuel and lower the needle. Must say the RD running like a champ after lowering its needles.

Sun? Hairdrywr in the UK ar the moment!

averaging 30deg C every damn day for last 2 months..(had enough..please lets have sum cold weather)