DT175MX 1980 Not Showing On Insurance Quote Sites

XR650-R
This post is 3428 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Trying to get insurance for the above, but most companies don't either A. Go back to 1980 or B. list the MX version....lol....been quoted £155 for a classic policy which is taking the pi$$ Swintons were quoting £63 fully comp etc for the DT175 but when I rang them about the MX bit they went all shy and said they could not quote as it wasn't listed ?.....

Do I just say it's a DT175 which they say goes from 1978-1985 which covers my bike anyway ?...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Talk to LEE at Bikesure, he's a a member, and ask what he can do for you, been very good to us over the last couple of years. :jossun:

Look in the Insurance section on the front page of the site.

Mines with CIA insurance.

£149 full comp fixed price multibike policy for both the 1978 DT175MX and My CB400/4

Thats £75 per bike which to me is perfectly acceptable.

Sorry never saw the insurance section of the forums, will ring Bikesure tomorrow and see what they can offer; failing that it will be back on the phone to Swinton's and stating bike is a DT175 1980 model...

If you send Lee a PM he will get back to you.

Spoke to BikeSure sadly they cannot get any lower than £88.14 looks like Swintons will be getting the business £63....they do a multi-bike policy but going to cost a lot more £156 which is crazy as I can insure both the 650R and the DT seperatly a lot cheaper....!!!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online