DAS advice

ojmiddleton
This post is 3445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, Im gonna do my DAS in the spring, I really liked the place I did my CBT but the full 3 day training is £750. Any ideas if this is a good price? It includes test fees

Ive been looking online at it seems a bit high, but then again if the training from there is at a higher standard I think its worth it.

Ive my own 125, and ride it often and have lots of road experience, been driving bands on tours for ten years.

Some places offer 2 day courses for around £450.

I dont wanna pay way too much but I dont want shit instructers either ya know?

Im reluctant to name the place incase i piss anyone off !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Chap,

Im going to be a CBT instructor next year and working with my mate who owns the training school, he charges £700 for a full 4 day course which is Saturday to Monday training and test on the Tuesday. £40 for the bike liability insurance test fee's and then the rest is for fuel and training costs.

There is alos our competitor who charges £600 but this is only for a 2 day course and it really is just a rush job and you do not get the one - one instructior benifit with them as they will take 3-4 students at a time.

3 days at £750 depending on if they only take 2 students per one instructor is a good price to be fair. But if your concerned about where you pennies go then ask for a course break down with what costs what etc, you are there customer and you are more than in your rights to ask where your money is going. ;)

Thanks man thats real helpul. Its 1-1 or 2 for sure, and the place is quite reputable, they already shown me the breakdown too, and they offer a free theory test guide and samples too.

I think what you said about some courses just being a rush job hit home too, I think thats a false economy! "Here, ill show you how to ride this, but not very well..."

I've recently paid and started my DAS in Oxford. I paid £600 in total, that included the CBT, mod 1 training, mod 1 test, mod 2 training and mod 2 test, liability cover in case I dropped a bike etc and they booked my Theory test.

My lessons have been two people per instructor and that has worked out better for me compared to a one on one basis, mostly because it showed the mistakes that I hadn't made but could do and learned off of them.

I have my mod 1 test on the 26th Nov so I'm hoping it's not raining, not liking the idea of the 32mph swerve part in the wet >_>

I have my mod 1 test on the 26th Nov so I'm hoping it's not raining, not liking the idea of the 32mph swerve part in the wet >_>

Test centres have the flattest, grippiest tarmac that ever flatly gripped.

They're self draining too.

There is pretty much nothing to worry about with the area being wet, because any difference it will make is neglible.

It would only make a difference if it was icy and/or snowing. And if that was the case, it would likely be postponed.

Basically: nothing to worry about if it's raining.

Test centres have the flattest, grippiest tarmac that ever flatly gripped.

They're self draining too.

I like shellgrip on some of the corners in Europe, especially in the mountains: Whoo hoooooo.

Yeah watching someone make a mistake actually really helps you learn, I benefited loads from watching the other guys on the cbt. £600 sounds like a good deal man, especially with the cbt, i got my cbt on groupon!!

Best O luck next week Rafen!

Thanks OJ. It did happen to be wet but it wasn't raining for the test. It also appears that I enjoyed the avoidance part as I did it at 42mph instead of 32mph, guess I'm just good at avoiding shit? lol.

I did pass the mod 1 so all is good, unfortnuatley the guy that went before me failed as he stalled the bike on the slalem and put his foot down? I'm still not sure how he stalled it during one of the easiest parts of the test.

Next up is my mod 2 on the 2nd December though so fingers crossed once again.

Thanks OJ. It did happen to be wet but it wasn't raining for the test. It also appears that I enjoyed the avoidance part as I did it at 42mph instead of 32mph, guess I'm just good at avoiding shit? lol.

I did pass the mod 1 so all is good, unfortnuatley the guy that went before me failed as he stalled the bike on the slalem and put his foot down? I'm still not sure how he stalled it during one of the easiest parts of the test.

congrats, Rafen!

Mod 2 is the easy part!

Stalling on the slalom probably came from dumping the clutch while going too slow.

People seem to think you need to go reallllllly slow on the slalom, when you can actually go at a fairly reasonable speed, as long as you keep your eyes straight [but not too fast, obviously]

Well done Rafen good luck for the 2nd.

Luckily for me back in the day when I took my test we didn't have to jump through all the hoops that you guys do these days, in fact most of us had no formal training of any sort, we just rode by the seat of our pants and in my case had a lot of luck staying in one piece until I gained some sort of road sense.

Hopefully after going through all those hoops you guys will be safer better riders than I ever was in my early days.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online