Taking rear wheel off YBR

JayDee86
This post is 3484 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

My tyre went flat on my way to work and is currently stuck in my work car park. I need to get to the garage to have the new tyre fitted and have two options: Wheel the bike on the 20 minute walk there, or remove the wheel and take that down to the garage.

Is removing the wheel and replacing it an easy task? what are any major issues I would encounter?

Thanks for your help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

None if you have the tools to hand, undo the rear spindle nut and loosen off the 2 adjuster nuts, try to undo them the same amount, then move the wheel forward and inch or so then take the chain off, after that it should be pretty obvious what comes next. Remember to readjust the chain when you put it back together, do you know the amount of slack needed? Usually about 20mm or so but check in your manual to be sure.

Unscrew rear brake adjuster nut. Remove split pin from brake torque arm bolt and then remove nut. Then proceed as Slice suggests. Note that a spacer on the right hand side of the wheel will have fallen out as you remove the axle so don't lose it. Keep the wheel upright once it's been removed and lift out the brake plate from the r/h side and the sprocket from the l/h side. Good opportunity to check out the state of the brake shoes. Chain slack from the YBR manual 20 to 30mm

Good luck JD.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online