Globe of Death...

YamaHead
This post is 6564 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My wife & I saw a similar exhibition like this once......with a Father & Son duo riding XR100's. If the riders get close enough to each other during this routine, the globe starts to shake like a washing machine outta balance during the spin cycle! :blink:

Globe of Death

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wanna go. That looks amazing.

wow thats well cool!!!! i have seen a prgram about people who do that and its really hard!! and they had a very beautiful model in the middle who if she moved an inch she would be hit by the riders helmet and cause the whole thing to fail because everone would crash!! ahhh!! o.k i'll stand still!

have also seen the wall of death on old indians anyone seen that? that was good

wow thats well cool!!!! i have seen a prgram about people who do that and its really hard!! and they had a very beautiful model in the middle who if she moved an inch she would be hit by the riders helmet and cause the whole thing to fail because everone would crash!! ahhh!! o.k i'll stand still!

have also seen the wall of death on old indians anyone seen that? that was good

I heard that the SAS used similar techniques with hostage rescue training. Using live rounds they would storm the building with a VIP in it as the hostage and shoot targets around the room. The VIP/hostage would have to stay still or get shot. Unfortunately one time one VIP got so scared and they mover by about 1/2 an inch and took a slug. Now they can't use live hostages. :o

• Admin

I seem to remember that Pricess Di was also one of the so called hostages... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing one of those at the Easter Show in Sydney about fifty years ago. There was also the "Wall of Death" at Luna Park, where guys rode round the walls of a very cramped wooden cylinder, coming to within inches of the top and doing complicated crossovers. The interesting thing was that this was in about 1955 and they were riding Indians! Unfortunately I was too young to recognise the model, but they were definitely Indians.

Indians had left hand twistgrips, that may have been something to do with it.

Cripsey's Wall of death (with 1925ish Indians) is still going in UK, though I don't know who owns it now. Saw it a few years ago - the sort of thing everyone should see at least once in their sweet life.

That globe is AWESOME!

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online