YBR Stator cover bolts

Trooper
This post is 3491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yes, it was totally my fault, I was idiotic and never bothered to check the service manual for torque settings...

I changed the gasket on the stator cover (left side of the engine) because there was an oil leak. As I'm tightening the last bolt, snap! The only replacements I can find are part of full engine bolt sets for about £65 and I don't want to replace every bolt in the engine just because I was stupid and broke 1... Does the replacement have to be identical, or will any steel M6 50mm work?

It's a 2006 YBR125

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can use a suitable replacement bolt . I always like to use Allen headed bolts for engine covers . Just be aware , if you overtighten bolts on something like this you run the risk of bending the part you're bolting on , making it harder to get a leak free seal , Try to tighten the bolts evenly when doing 'em up .

I know that I tightened the bolts in the correct order :P Just too tight... As soon as I snapped it then looked at the service manual and realise how loose they were really supposed to be, I loosened the rest off. As far as I can see the stator cover is fine, I just need to remove the broken bolt. I'm still unsure if there's enough sticking out to remove myself, haven't checked yet

As long as its the correct diameter/pitch, and length, then you can use socket cap (allen) or hex head, steel or stainless steel. Just double check the depth of the hole to make sure your not trying to screw in and tighten a screw which is too long

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online