Sr125 intermittent ignition fault

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3176 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone know if there is a way of testing the pick up coil and stator coil without removing them? I have 2 '94 SR's, one I'm fixing up and the other I use daily. I can swap out some bits without too much trouble, but when it comes to removing parts like these it is a bit inconvenient as gaskets need to be replaced. My idea was to swap parts one at a time which I knew worked to try and identify the problem but I need one bike working!

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 11 months later...

Update:

Since coming back from Squires I've spent a couple of hours tinkering and swapping (or as SWMBO phrases it "every 'kin moment p*ssing about getting dirty"). 

The CDI unit is definitely the faulty part. Swapped into the good bike and confirmed the intermittent problem is re creating itself there. £45 later on eBay and has arrived yesterday morning. Works a treat so one step further to its MOT. I need to sort the seat cover, get a new battery and spark plug. Already filled the exhaust hole. Everything I borrowed to keep the other one on the road this last year is now back on / replaced. 

No, I haven't polished it!

Only thing holding this back now is lack of funds for MOT, battery and seat cover. Pay day a couple of weeks off and the car needs its MOT next month. But, chuffed to bits I've got her running!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online