Dt 125 basic wiring

YummyYammyLover
This post is 3529 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I've got a dt project and just want to get it to run for now and add lights horn and all that later on...

If anyone know what wires I need just for the bike to run for now please let me know ..

I'm willing to make new wiring and add all the other stuff to it later on I just need to know the basics for now as it's just a project bike but would like to get her running

Thanks in advance george

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok George this is what you do, buy the manual and follow the wiring diagram, nothing else than that mate. Wiring is easy if you take your time and do EXACTLY what it says in your book, don't improvise or make short cuts (no pun intended) cos that way lies hours of fun undoing what you have spent hours sorting out. Best possible solution buy a used loom and refit that, it will have all the connectors you want and no one will have chopped the shit out of it!

Cheers slice

I wanted to do all the bike myself but just for the thought of safety (with something like wiring) I know someone at one of the garages local to me,, so I'm just going to buy all the parts i need (everything electrical as nothing there at the min accept cdi and coil lol) and he will build me a new loom, as it will then be all completely new and still work out cheeper than a used one. But thanks for the comment it's appreciated, my main problem was that I have a loom but I'm not too sure it's 100% there, as wires been cut and different color ones twisted to them and random bits of metal squashed together to hold others together, so for safety I think I'll just get mark (the guy at the garage) to build me a new one

People are unlikely to volunteer how to wire ignition in open forum.

The system is basic and we don't want to make it easy for the villans..