Rear footrest Bolt thread size

davehill1974
This post is 3581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know the thread size of the rear footrest bolt thread? For 1992 Virago 750. I need to buy some screw in replacement pegs but don't have a gauge to measure the thread. I have put a ruler and it looks like 10mm but wanted to be sure!

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd love too but its an ebay purchase. I will go to a garage and measure the bolt :)

UJM bolt sizes are 4mm 6mm-8mm-10mm12mm 14mm 17 19 21 with a 1.25 pitch normaly,, if you can fit a wrench on the threaded area of the bolt then thats the size. And what ever size wrench fits the hex end the bolt is 2 smaller normaly,some bolt manufactures aftermarket make the hex head bigger by 1 mm.So where your original bolt had say a 12mm head the aftermarket will be 13 avoid useing any bolts like that as they are not as strong.

• Like 1

UJM bolt sizes are 4mm 6mm-8mm-10mm12mm 14mm 17 19 21 with a 1.25 pitch normaly,, if you can fit a wrench on the threaded area of the bolt then thats the size. And what ever size wrench fits the hex end the bolt is 2 smaller normaly,some bolt manufactures aftermarket make the hex head bigger by 1 mm.So where your original bolt had say a 12mm head the aftermarket will be 13 avoid useing any bolts like that as they are not as strong.

Blimey DT, We all know what you are talking about, but me do think that davehill1974 doesn't.

No Mike I'm OK with that! Thanks once again :)

Metric bolt sizes Won't be all 1.25 pitch across that range of thread sizes. 4mm can be 0.50 or 0.70 pitch, 5mm is usually 0.80 pitch, 6mm is usually 1.0 pitch, 8mm can be 1.00 or 1.25 pitch, 10mm can be 1.25 or 1.5 pitch and 12mm can be 1.5 or 1.75 pitch. This is only a general guide as some bolts have different pitch sizes depending on application.

Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online