stolen recovered TDM850 MK1 project

drewv
This post is 3550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my project TDM morphed into my stolen recovered TDM project thanks to some local scrotes. To do list included new lock set new tank paint & repair body work replace shock (was worn out anyway) sort brakes get running & replace corroded OE exhaust.

So far New tank in the correct colourscheme sourced, replacement lockset fitted, EMC shock fitted, carbs still being fettled but new emulsion tubes fitted.

Last week the project took an unexpected turn, while trawling ebay as is my want on a Sunday evening saw a YZF750 front end conversion which contained a set of YZF USD forks which had been extended, Bepsoke fabricated yokes to accept both the TDM steering stem & the YZF forks, R1 Blue spot callipers & a TDM front wheel. Monkey see monkey want, so had to buy.

On closer inspection the front wheel arangement was shoddy at best , wheel spindle was neither YZF (22mm) nor TDM (17mm) & very heath robinson in it's arangement. Have now managed to source a YZF750 front wheel with spindle, speedo drive, spacers & mudgaurd.

Next step to see if everything aligns and fit to the bike ...........................................

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How bout a pictuer or 2 I would be intrested to see it.

It could make a great looking heavyweight supermoto. I am a big fan of the 850 TDM but they all seem to have more mileage than the star ship enterprise.

It could make a great looking heavyweight supermoto. I am a big fan of the 850 TDM but they all seem to have more mileage than the star ship enterprise.

24k miles + a spare with 33k miles - ran my first TDM up to 75k before selling - supermoto look but keeping the classic Tedium shape is sort of the plan

To post photos you need either to be able to link to a photo sharing site or have your own server space. Search the forum for "posting photos" or have a look at the sub section of the new members section. This topic comes up regularly.

• 1 month later...

not much action other than the change of plan, decided to keep the stolen recovered as a standard bike & turn the old red (which had been designated a source of spares) into the modified item. IMG-20120413-00095_zps8f82c401.jpg

Body work off to reveal the true horror of the wiring - decided front end swap, repaired wiring, fettled carbs & yet to be decided other mods

East_Lothian-20140616-00097_zpsc6bd7c13.

Modified version of the modified YZF front end provionaly fitted onlt to find the suposed TDM steering stem - isn't but removed all the TDM wheel hardware & fitted a 17 YZF front pictured next it's stable mate - should really put weed killer on those weeds as well before photographing

IMG-20140816-00136_zps15bccc54.jpgIMG-20140816-00134_zps66b77b21.jpg

There is something very nice about upside down forks.

Unless they're not supposed to be!!!
  • Like 1