Getting back out there.

SteveYZF600
This post is 6632 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nearly 2 years ago i had a bad accident. A kid playing chicken ran out in front of me. With no time to do anything i hit the kid who died the next day. For a very long time after the accident i couldn't get back on a bike, even though i new there was nothing i could have done. I wasn't speeding, but the police were'nt having that from day one they have tried to have me sent down for death by dang, but i have stood my ground. Last week i was back in court again for the 3rd day in a row, and the judge throw the case out. Now i can try and get on with riding again knowing that it wasn't my fault. But it will always be in the back of my mind.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nearly 2 years ago i had a bad accident. A kid playing chicken ran out in front of me. With no time to do anything i hit the kid who died the next day. For a very long time after the accident i couldn't get back on a bike, even though i new there was nothing i could have done. I wasn't speeding, but the police were'nt having that from day one they have tried to have me sent down for death by dang, but i have stood my ground. Last week i was back in court again for the 3rd day in a row, and the judge throw the case out. Now i can try and get on with riding again knowing that it wasn't my fault. But it will always be in the back of my mind.

Woe dude that is harsh. My boss was in a similar situation and apparently the only thing you can do is try to get on with your life as best as possible.

Hope everything settles down for you.

Regards

Robbie

That is pretty Heavy Steve! :o

My brother still battles with a demon inside him after quite innocently killing a drunk walking across the street one night in the dark. He was just coming home from work, not speeding or anything of the sort. The family of the deceased even called him to say that they understood his predicament & held no ill feelings toward him @ all. He only talked to me about it once......& now it just seems to be a memory that's faded over the years.

Time to get back on that bike....but I'm sure you'll remain quite alert after such an incident. ;)

Rubber Side Down mate. :)

thats a deep story mate.

if theres nothing you could have done then it wasn't your fault. i bet youve heard that a thousand times but i and everyone else are sure that if you could have done anything within your own power you would have.

just try to forget about it and carry on.

tom

• 2 weeks later...

wow! deep shit that mate, nice to see for once british justice had some sense. easy to say i know not being in the predicament but try not to dwell on it mate, with time you will come to terms with it. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine, but he lost his leg and the kid got a broken leg. Dig in there mate.