Hi guys, i, in need of some help and advise

DtMitch
This post is 3628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys ive just picked up my first ever dt125re today any have problems that the previous owner denies all knowledge of :'(

First ride was fine for 2.miles until it cut out due to crappy silicone used as a gasket for the float bowl getting stuck in the jet.

The carbs been cleaned and bikes back together however from cold the bike runs whith the choke lever down, then a mile down the road it will die as stopping, then will only run with the lever in the up position, is this not the wrong way around? O_o

Sorry for the lengthy post guys but i just want this sorted, thanks a lot

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mitch,,pull the carb , take out ALL the jets, blow thru orifice"s ...welcome bye the way, :jossun:

Thanks for replying, i have done this and all jets are clean. If it only runs/idles with choke on when hot do i simply have to adjust the air/fuel mixture screw with the choke off or will there be more to it than that.

if it only runs with choke ON then isnt the pilot jet clogged...going off what you said I wouldnt be surprised, or maybe the silicone sealant has got somewhere else?

yeh tommy i'm to kind also

mitch you seem to have bypassed the intro bit in your quest for knowlege...its not too late to redeem yersen dude ;)

• Like 1