Won't Start - Run

Preacha
This post is 3621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

G'day all, New here, been riding and tinkering for 30yrs plus, have come across a problem with my XJ900F 1985 Model, that has me stumped.

Been through all forums, seem to be the answer then when I try the solution same problem.

Clean plugs new fuel, full choke bike starts and runs well, try again next day, sort-of starts on 2-3 cylinders, after 4 -5 goes at stopping and starting, won't start, backfires occasionally.

Clean the plugs sorts problem for the above mentioned period. If I test the spark with the trusted screwdriver Plug lead via screwdriver to rocker bolt, awesome spark.

Any help much appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So you have a spark,

Are the plugs getting wet with fuel?

Are the air filters clean?

Is there enough air getting into the cylinder?

Is there the correct compression?

Have you cleaned and balanced the carbs?

Check these and see if anything is wrong there

Been through all the forums, eh.

If you're thinking of staying with this forum after you get your answer, you may think of posting an intro in the new members section

added to what noise says, ensure the tank filler cap is not blocked

1985" :eusa_think: ,,, valve clearance , compression, = backfires,,,,g"day.. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online