dt 125 re radiator water leak problem

alfotuning
This post is 3621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay so bike keep lossing water radiator gets empty light comes on but after looking all i see is the overflow pipe for expansion bottle on back of bike when riding losses loads of water ? The overflow pipes so long it goes from expansion bottle to front off bike around engine and back up i put it up high so i could see it it deffo lossing water from there but why?? Confused Need help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Alf, you need to hear this mate, your head gasket is leaking as Airhead says, not the rad cap or anything else just test the bolts to see if they are done up to the right torque. If they are then you have another problem, your best bet is to whip it off and have a look to see if it's ok but whatever it is you have to take it apart mate. :shrug:

could be a number of reasons of course,damaged gasket, bolts not torqued evenly to specification, a crappy gasket (your is a genuine one I know), faces not cleaned properly before the gasket was fitted, warped cylinder head, even a cracked head.

Well that says it all really, if you scream the shit out of it it's gunna blow, unless you work on it on a regular basis then it will throw more than the head gasket, expect to have a visit from the piston soon it will visit via the side of the cylinder :shakeno:

its in bits piston looks like new so does bore although a bit of water in there. i took head of and over tightened thermosta bolts and now wont do up. oops. so its in bits now untill Athena kits get on. also looking at spark plug its a light brown its jetting to big 230 jet

thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online