2004 dt 125 re no spark

mmcm
This post is 3607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi airhead ok I will try one but it wont change anything. If I take the power input off the coil and put it to earth I should see a spark but I dont? I have gone through all the switches twice an they all seem fine. source coils dont give me the readings specified but they are generating a voltage when I attempt to start it. all wires appear to test ok up to the cdi box etc relays removed an tested an all appear to be functioning.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi airhead ok I will try one but it wont change anything. If I take the power input off the coil and put it to earth I should see a spark but I dont? I have gone through all the switches twice an they all seem fine. source coils dont give me the readings specified but they are generating a voltage when I attempt to start it. all wires appear to test ok up to the cdi box etc relays removed an tested an all appear to be functioning.

news to me, the spark test is usually done at the other end of the ignition coil, the HT side,

is the plug cap a good tight fit on the HT lead or a bit loose/sloppy?

hi I have tested the ignition coil checking the primary an secondary an both give the correct values one if these means connecting to the end of the lead so I presume its good?

any other ideas would be great as im at a total loss! or detailed instructions on the stuff ive done just to b sure! your views on this count first bike im struggling here! really appreciate the input:)

• Like 1

The kill switch must be grounded then ,, or wire from ignition , earthing where it passes thru headlamp, take coil off too, and clean frame where it mounts,

I checked the kill switch for continuity and its appears to function correctly how would I check to see if its grounded? im now having problems with the ignition conection so have unplugged an bypassed as per the Haynes but im not sure its correct as there seems a few variations! I hopefully have someone whos into electrics that can maybe have a luck so fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys the solution!

tested the coils in the stator an the ignition coil had burnt out! sent it away to be repaired which was alot cheaper than buying a new one:) returned good as new an sparked once fitted:) rebuilt having secured all wires an put tank on a tried to start her an nothin:( check for spark nothin:( after sometime I located the cause as being a nick in one of the ignition wires inside the barrel which was intermittently shorting out the system. Now back up an running like a dream! cheers for the help guys :)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online