Rothiemurcus Lodge, Aviemore, Scotland

Matthew Duncan
This post is 3637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, was away at the weekend with my local bike club, Moray Coast Motorcycle Club - and had a really good time!

we stayed in one of the three lodges at the Rothiemurcos Lodge, http://www.rothiemurchus.co.uk/

Location - about 7 miles out of Aviemore, About 15 quid for a taxi into aviemore and right next to all the outdoor stuff. The track to get up to the lodge, about 2 miles, is a really rough dirt track with loadsa pot holes, we all had cars and had to take it pretty slow but one of the guys had his zx6r and never found it a problem as he could just ride round them.

Facilities - we stayed in the Nuffield lodge, but there info is here for the other two aswess, and this is taken from their website -

The Union Jack Lodge - this is ideal for large or small groups and consists mainly of bunkhouse accommodation. It is on two floors with the upper floor having 6 four berth rooms, 2 six berth rooms and 1 two berth room. The ground floor has 8 four berth rooms. Each floor has its own lounge, dining room, kitchen, showers and toilets.

New Nuffield Lodge - this is ideal for small or medium groups and, to a lesser extent, families. It consists mainly of bunkhouse accommodation and has 1 six berth room, 2 two berth rooms, 2 four berth rooms and 1 twin room. It has separate ladies and gents showers and toilets, sauna, lounge/dining room and fully equipped kitchen.

Old Nuffield Lodge - this is ideal for couples and families as it has en-suite facilities and rooms can be configured into double or single beds depending on requirement. There are four en-suite units, one sleeping 5, two sleeping 4 and one twin. It has a fully equipped kitchen and lounge/dining area.

and for the lodges in general -

• Self-catering accommodation for 102 guests - ideal for groups.
  • All rooms are centrally heated and double-glazed. Some have en-suite facilities.
  • Large fully equipped kitchens with fridge, freezer, micro wave ovens, crockery and cutlery. The Union Jack Lodge has industrial dishwashers.
  • Washing and Drying facilities.
  • Linen and towels can be provided at an extra charge.
  • TVs in each of the four lounges as well as in en-suite rooms.

There was about 20 of us and we were £30 for two nights, arriving 3pm on the friday and leaving mid day on the sunday.

Massive TV in our lounge with a dvd player and freeview etc, with a USB input so we were able to watch films of some of our hardrives/USB pens.

There was also a bar fully stocked with spirit, and our kitchen had 2 massive fridges to stock up all our beer we took with us.

Overall i would highly recommend it. was a magic weekend, and as it is provate land im sure if you asked nicely there would be no problem with greenlaning on the tracks/roads.

Any questions or anything you think i missed out/should have mentioned let me know

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I spent a week in Grantown-on-spey just down the road from avimore snow holing and cross country skiing, lovely part of the country and well worth a visit :)

• 1 month later...

I spent a week in Grantown-on-spey just down the road from avimore snow holing and cross country skiing, lovely part of the country and well worth a visit :)

thats my back doorstep! lovely place to be in nice weather... not so much in the rain.

well, not right at my doorstep - Elgin, Moray - but i work in sunny Aberdeen Through the week

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online