New from Birmingham - UK

rossonza
This post is 3691 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Just recently won a dead 1999 wr400 from eblag. Looking at building her up as a project so just thought id pop in and say hi!. i will be making some wanted posts shortly as im in need of most of the top end of an engine.

Cheers

Ross

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fingers crossed, I've not actually ridden one yet. I had a CCM R30 supermoto and loved it but it was a tad too heavy for my liking. then i got a bandit to try inline 4 and it just wasnt me. So.... back on the search for a big single i came across wr's.

so im looking at streeting the wr, so going to hopefully be posting a project post once ive got the bike (this coming sunday).

Just noticed the wanted threads you need to be a member so will have to look into that too.

Cheers

Ross.

Welcome to the YOC.

Great bike for a project, my uncle has the 426......they are fucking monsters!

I am also a fan of the big single engines- DR650 and husqvarna te610

Are you going to do the supermoto conversion or keep the enduro wheels?

Have you got any pictures?

TONS of parts for the WR online (original and aftermarket) , so you shouldn't have any problem finding the bits you may need.

Hi Welshwan,

I will be keeping the enduros wheels too i think. My friend has a gas gas ec 200 so we plan on trying green laning for the first times in our biking history.

Not yet, Only a pixelated ebay ad, So i will wait until it arrives (im kind of expecting it to be in pretty bad shape). fingers crossed hey.....

looks to be nice and easy to find mod parts. Just struggling at the moment to locate a head/barrel.

Cheers

Ross.

Keeping it enduro will save on headaches and stress.

Greenlaning is certainly a hobby of mine- nothing like it, plus having a dirtbike on the road is great fun. Think about what kind of tyre you need - things like AC10s last NO time especially when used a lot on the road- but are great in the mud. I think i got about 350-400 miles out of the rear tyre on the husky and the center all almost all gone.

With the head and barrel, i would suggest you try to find out what other years have the same (see what else is compatible) it will make finding parts even easier.

Can't wait to see this project thread. Good luck

My main type of riding will be road, being able to green lane is just a little extra. Ive had a look and can see the yz barrels can be used, not sure about yz heads. However i cant find either. the WR450 i believe uses completely different barrel.cylinder design. Let alone piston/rod and bottom end.

It should hopefully be from dust to diamond :-)

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online