New guy. New girl (DT 175)

This post is 3715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, I'm new to the forum. Just picked up a 1974 DT 175. The previous owner used it for strictly dirt but I'd like to get it street legal again. I'll be coming on here to ask some questions as I restore/fix up the bike. She runs real nice right now and starts up first kick. I do believe the previous owner did some mods to the magneto but I'm not entirely sure. It has no battery and all wires have been stripped. Any input or advice is much appreciated. I've attached a pic. Looking forward to getting this lady on the road.

mu4urypu.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks ok.

Odd though. Why strip the wiring then leave the electricals in place?

:welcome:

• Like 1

Looks ok.

Odd though. Why strip the wiring then leave the electricals in place?

Who knows. Either way I'll have to do all of the electrical. I'm fine with it as I'd like to expand my knowledge anyhow.

Hi Phil

There are a few twinshock DT's here this is mine a later model but basically the same,

532162_3019106455492_1930679514_n.jpg

Awesome. Glad to know I have some help. I'll be working on the bike this weekend to get a sense of what I need to do. I haven't had much time to take an in-depth look. I'm efficient with mechanical as well as electrical. Just very new to the vintage and 6v world.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online