Possible to pick up a DT 125 FOR £900?

HarryLDN
This post is 3748 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, Last bike was written off so now decided to go for a DT, im in south east london, just wanted to know if you can get a decent one for about £900 im on quite a tight budget unfortunately :(, never rode a DT But have lots of previous 2 stroke riding & have wanted one for ages, all info & replies are greatly appreciated thank you.

Harry

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum. You'll be very lucky to find a decent one for that money. The value of them is increasing all the time. For a decent one your looking at £1300+

Grouch is spot on mate I paid £1500 for my 06 125 RE it's good looking with that used look it had a slight carb problem with the float needle to begin with which my local bike shop sorted.ive done a few mods to it. You will probably get a reasonable 2000-2003 DTR for that money depends on what model you think hits the button for ya. I live in East london and travelled to a bike shop in Croydon/Surrey way to get the bike good luck on your hunt for that DTPosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ignore them. For 900quid dont look at 06 stuff, their slower anyway.

Step back further, go for a tidy late 90's bike (quicker). There are thousands out there so go see, then go see another. Till you get a good one.

They are abused from mile 1 so age is irrelevant Just condition.

Ignore them. For 900quid dont look at 06 stuff, their slower anyway. Step back further, go for a tidy late 90's bike (quicker). There are thousands out there so go see, then go see another. Till you get a good one. They are abused from mile 1 so age is irrelevant Just condition.
Cynic are you saying ignor me just saying to the chap this is on offer not trying to spook him matey ! Ignore them WTF ðžsparkly67 Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cynic are you saying ignor me just saying to the chap this is on offer not trying to spook him matey ! Ignore them WTF ðžsparkly67Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Them there are SO many dt's out there you just got to put a bit of effort and patience and a tidy 900 quid bike will come up.

They havd been making them for over 30 years.

I payed 1000 for a 1996 model looked okay condition panels a bit scuffed but engine was very clean and started straight up took her for a test ride no probs rode my jerney home on the bike about 30 miles then 5 miles from my house the left hand crank seal went leaveing me To push it for 5 miles be carefull what you buy wait a while save some money and buy a good one wish I did when it happend