Spark goes off while riding - Virago xv125

Kelum
This post is 3775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok klume so the bike could sit and idle all day and not have the problem and it only happens when you ride the bike?

Thinking back your bike should have a clutch saftey switch any road bike built after say 1980 has one someone has removed it.

Just checked a XV125 owners manual, they definitely have both side stand and clutch switches in the ignition circuit, as does the XV250

Symptoms sound similar to the problem I had recently on my Radian, cut out on me 4 times riding home from work, re-started every time agian on the button, found the clutch switch faulty

Check the clutch switch out agian kelum, if its been removed, find out how/where its been bypassed

Ok klume so the bike could sit and idle all day and not have the problem and it only happens when you ride the bike?

Thinking back your bike should have a clutch saftey switch any road bike built after say 1980 has one someone has removed it.

Yes only when I ride.

yes , someone has removed it...the whole left hand side switch set, clutch leaver have been replaced with a one that doesnt have room for a clutch switch..

Just checked a XV125 owners manual, they definitely have both side stand and clutch switches in the ignition circuit, as does the XV250

Symptoms sound similar to the problem I had recently on my Radian, cut out on me 4 times riding home from work, re-started every time agian on the button, found the clutch switch faulty

Check the clutch switch out agian kelum, if its been removed, find out how/where its been bypassed

Ok lemme check...btw, do you have an xv125 manual?