help pls to get back my gears

mcnamara1710
This post is 3798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys pls help.i changed my sprocket and chain today and had to take off my gear shift.after putting it back on can not get any gears what have i done wrong.i have found neutral but my light does not come on.but no other gears pls help what i have to do thanks in advance.yamaha rxs 100 i have.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I took everything off to expose the nut to take off.the nut that keeps the front sproket on.when i put it all back and the gear lever nothing,my bike was stuck in gear and could not shift up or down.

you have to rock it back and forth to be able to change gears...are you doing this?

Mayb you did not put your gear lever in in original place mayb I had a old pit bike years ago that I done it to and would not go in gear till I got it back in the proper place

Dr rich maybe it could be that,how did you get over that.put it on and check,and if not take off and move slightly and so on was it.

Yep that's how I done it don't take to long next time get a tipex pen and mark it so u no where it lines up if it is that

Normally there is a mark on the splined shaft that needs to line up with the split in the lever

Ride it for a couple of days, if its still good, then mark the end of the shaft with a centre pop, where it lines up with the split. That wont wash off

Airhead and dt rich.thanks for your help,i did what you said rich took 3 attemps but all sorted now thankyou.

Good glad you sorted it :)