xvs1300 exhaust

meatloaf
This post is 3802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, just all got a midnight star 1300, great bike but a bit too quiet for me, now should I just drill out the baffles or get some slip ons. If I go for slip ons what should I go for? I don't need loads of noise but a little more would be great,any advice or comments would be welcome.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take your pick mate.

http://www.metriccruisers.co.uk/acatalog/exhausts_xvs1300.html

Dont drill the baffle out as do you really want to take a drill out on your brand new pride and joy?

Depends on what you want

Some have drilled 6mm dia holes in the end plates (there are vids on the web), others physically remove the baffles, others fit slip ons

Just got to be wary of potential MOT failure as a result

If it were me wanting more noise, I'd consider slip ons and keep the stock pipes (if cash were no problem)

• Like 1

Order a slip on from the US. I got the Cobra slipon from SS Custom Cycles http://www.sscustomcycle.com/products/pipes/Yamaha/v-star1300/v-star13001.shtml - Shane is a great guy and very helpful. IIRC it was about £230ish delivered though that was a few years ago...

Also consider Mustang seats with backrest (again from US)

Depends on what you want

Some have drilled 6mm dia holes in the end plates (there are vids on the web), others physically remove the baffles, others fit slip ons

Just got to be wary of potential MOT failure as a result

If it were me wanting more noise, I'd consider slip ons and keep the stock pipes (if cash were no problem)

I think I am going for slip ons and keep the stock pipes, I'll have to wait until spring as I am a self employed gardener and don't have that much work in winter, at least I'll have time for a little research.