The other project

Noise
This post is 3810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i picked up this little twist a go last night, the guy (well little boy) i got it off of was a bit of a cock, 18 yrs old but going on 28 in a street gang type! but kept every thing civil. Took me out to his back garden pointed and said its over there and went to walk back in, but i said i wanted him to tell me about it etc etc.

Any way after getting it in the car and having a quick look over it while taking it through the house i gets it home to the cave for a much better looking over.

I have bits and bobs in tins and ice cream tubs (with rain water) engines not siezed but im taking the head off tonight to see if the piston has punched its way throught the top or not.

My biggest gripe is the forks, the chrome on the legs them selves are pitted and it rubs and hitches when you compress them. Can these be sorted out cheaply (ie under £50) or will i need to find / buy new forks? so far this is my falling point right from the word go as i dont want to be sat with this heap for too long.

Many thanks guys and gals.

Noisey :thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If they're that bad, I expect they'll need replacing.

However, check (and probably replace) the seals first, in case they are more buggered. If the pitting is relatively minor, it may be possible to buff them out to an acceptable degree.

You selling on or is this being done up for someone in particular?

Its a Peugeot Trekker 50cc cant get on ebay at work but i want to spend as little dosh on it as possible to keep my profit reasonable.

Im going to sell it on Tasky its just one on those things to bring some more dosh into the bobber build and i might finally treat the wife to those flowers she's wanted for about 2 years.

Its a Peugeot Trekker 50cc cant get on ebay at work but i want to spend as little dosh on it as possible to keep my profit reasonable.

Im going to sell it on Tasky its just one on those things to bring some more dosh into the bobber build and i might finally treat the wife to those flowers she's wanted for about 2 years.

Are these any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Trekker-50-Forks-1997-/111208113431?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item19e4852517

Na sorry mate as they are pitted too. I've found a set that will do but are £50 which is half my budget blown all ready ha ha.

Just been out there tonight and checked out the engine and it's spot on! Very grubby on the out side but nothing a wire wheel and some paint won't fix.

I've fixed forks before with Araldite. Clean out the pits with a brass brush on a Dremmel, brake cleaner, then dab some Araldite into the hole, leaving it slightly proud. When its dry, carefully file it down flush with the surrounding chrome, then wet and dry it until smooth. Preparation is the main thing, Araldite dont stick to oil! I did a set of TY forks this way, and they've done a full season without a problem.

Mark

come on Noise Where's the pics & why aren't we looking at this in projects

Bare with it, Mr i wanna see it!!

God its like being with the wife all over again. :biglaugha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online