Coolant in exhaust and milky gearbox oil

Mattblfc8
This post is 3872 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone guess at what the problem could be on my dt 125 2002 I thought it would be the water pump seal so I've got a new one ready to fit but now I've found coolant in the exhaust so could this be just the head gasket or something worse I have a new head and base gasket just in case thanks for any help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure about your exact bike but usually if you get the milky gunk in the engine it's a head gasket problem, just my guess you understand.

Coolant in the exhaust will be head gasket, possibly other symptoms will be overheating, bubbling in expansion tank, coolant dripping from frame, radiator level dropping.

Gunk in the gearbox will be water pump seal or possibly bike isnt being used for journeys long enough to get the engine hot

The rad level has been dropping and yh I haven't had it long and the bloke I got it off said he didn't use it much and I only use it for short journeys aswell so that could be the problem would the coolant in the exhaust make it smoke a lot for a bit and Also it doesn't idle very well and even when warm is hard to start without the choke

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online