Think a done a good job first time

Madug
This post is 3821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I like the graphics, are they new ones or old stock? Looks like they did back in the 70s/80s nice job. My back wont take a rigid frame anyway but that is RIDICULOUS!!! Just joking looks like you have spent some time and money on it.

Looks good, and I can see your airbrush in the first picture.

What paint did you use?

I have 4 airbrushes that I use for modelling, its surprising what you can achieve with them.

AH airbrush in first picture, didn't see that (DOH!) even better then really smart.

Looks good, and I can see your airbrush in the first picture.

What paint did you use?

I have 4 airbrushes that I use for modelling, its surprising what you can achieve with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a fan of the design personally but looks like the paint was nicely laid - looks similar to a traditional Yamaha scheme from the 70s though. What sanding process do you use between coats? Are you using acrylic blue fine line masking tape for your edges or just normal white paper based tape? Are you planning on decaling this?

I found my paint jobs looked a million times better once I started doing three things:

1. warming rattle cans in boiling water. (no air brush for me unfortunately)

2. sanding between coats using fine wet sanding paper and buffing with polishing compound.

3. using high quality fine line masking tape.

At first the idea of sanding clear coat seemed a bit counter-intuitive but the professional look you get when it's done is amazing.

Tip for sanding gloss coat is to get a sheet of 1200 grit fold it on its self and rub together to make it less rough, spray with water and do 100 strokes on one side of the part and repet all over the part them buff, should then get a nice even finish all over

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online