Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3596 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Replaced the sprocket bearing tonight. Old ones were visibly rough and felt like sand was in them when you turned them. New ones are nice and smooth!

12425838284_d38343e7e1_c.jpg

12425500913_5a90841182_c.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Haha oh yeah don't worry I've been staring at the manual for the past week while I've been waiting for parts! :D

Went to start the truck and the battery was dead... turns out I have an issue with the stupid fuse box which causes a short and makes my running lights stay on! Gah... charging it up now so I can at least go pick the rims up. Wife was picking me up a compressor today (Got a 26 gallon for the price of a 20 gallon since they were sold out of the 20 gallon, woooo) but she can't fit it in her little Honda Civic so I have to go pick it up in the Ram....but it won't start....damnit. lol FIrst world problems...

Got me a sweet 26 gallon compressor today for the price of the 20 gallon because they only had one left on the showroom floor of the 20 gallon model! Woooo! Wife actually negotiated and picked it up for me so she got the deal... pretty sweet!

12444240524_981568558f_z.jpg

I'm not going down to bare plastic either...just going to spray some nice epoxy primer over this so it turns into a nice protective shell before I lay my gloss black and clear coat.

Yeah I bought that DA sander last year in preparation for getting a compressor that I never got... had a paint gun too.... still no compressor. Finally pulled the trigger, glad I waited too because I got a nice 26 gallon now!

Yeah I bought that DA sander last year in preparation for getting a compressor that I never got... had a paint gun too.... still no compressor. Finally pulled the trigger, glad I waited too because I got a nice 26 gallon now!

Lucky prick :biglaugha:

Wanna do a house swap? no snow over here................just a shit load of rain and wind and floods and fallen trees burst rivers etc etc

Got me a sweet 26 gallon compressor today for the price of the 20 gallon because they only had one left on the showroom floor of the 20 gallon model! Woooo! Wife actually negotiated and picked it up for me so she got the deal... pretty sweet!

When painting take my advice and get a moisture trap quite cheap and will save you crying whan you get water spots on your newly painted part. Something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-Air-Filter-Pressure-Regulator-Water-Compressor-Moisture-Trap-WITH-Gauge-/261206224548?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item3cd11aaea4

I use a LVLP (gravity feed) gun for the primer and Base colour,then a HVLP (siphon feed) for the clear coat.

What paint system will you be using ? Not 2 pack i hope lol

Yep got to agree with sniff on the the water trap eps cause your temp,,cold air in a hot compressor= water.

Also do yourself a favor and build a paint booth outa plastic sheet and set a fan to blow out and a furnace filter to draw in fresh clean air in.Clean the inside as well as you can and then use a mist spray bottel to wet down what you cant sweep up I,ve seen so many great paint jobs ruined in the last coat from dust/hair and the ever evil fish eye.

Just wondering Sniff why the change in guns,I have a devilibs suction gun and a gravity feed they both work just fine for me only reason I use both is to keep clean up simple,some times I use 1 first and next time the other.I can lay paint with either,not saying I am great but had a few complements and I've seen way worse by so called pro's,,so why the suction for clear?

HAHAH noise you would freeze your nuts off in a week and want the rain ,I was just talking to some guys yesterday and the general consice was HOLY SHIT HAS IT BEEN COLD THIS YEAR and we dont normaly talk about coldness

I just find i get a better mist with the suction , And i couldn't agree more dt the better the prep the better the finish. All about the technique. Practice makes perfect Im no expert just a enthusiastic armature whos still got loads to learn.

Yeah I'll definitely invest in some type of moisture control for the air - I've done a bit of airbrushing in the past and lots of paint jobs with spray cans with decent results so hopefully my first go at a paint gun goes smoothly. I'm not too worried about it...like we all know it's all in the prep work! I've got some final sanding to do before I apply some 2 part epoxy primer.

I ordered an HID kit last week and it came today too... I know I know... you can't put HIDs in stock housings it blinds everyone blah blah blah, .....if you're gonna say that, I just don't care. I'll do what I want. I have them in my truck, never been pulled over for it... I'd rather inconvenience people for a few seconds than get run over by them because they just didn't notice me!

12484403274_b160cf1954.jpg

12484383714_47d3e683fe.jpg

12483911565_aa4b78d846.jpg

12484051103_d9ec9456ac.jpg