Cant get the twat to start

melvynford
This post is 3893 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right here is one for u .Monday morning took the bike out of the garage started first time on the choke great. Rode around most of the day as it was great bike weather. Tuesday did the same again only sitting at traffic lights the twat stops had to push it to the side of the road talk about being embarrassed. After a few pushes on the electric start it fired up so of we go again all fine. Then this morning brought it out of the garage fired it up drove to the house to get the gear on went out and the C--- wound not start .Now there is Petrol in the tank. Pulled plugs bit wet so dried them off. Plugs back in. Plenty of charge in the battery but this C--- will not start . U can see the fuel in the filter. The only other thing I can think of is to pull the plugs out one at a time and connect it to the ht lead and turn it over to see if the plugs are sparking. Failing this I am stumped. Had a look through the manual but if u read it u would have half the bike stripped to find out what is wrong with it

The bike in question is an 2000 xj600 Diversion has anybody had the same problem. Any info would be great.

Mel :madflame:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes pull the plugs see if you have a spark , if the plugs are wet then fuel is getting to the cylinders ,

I am not recommending this stuff just put the pic here for the laugh

start-ya-bastard.jpg

LOL can's of "run muther fucker." I can honestly say I resorted to that to get the lawn mower running the other day,would never use it on my bike,I've seen a air box blow up one time with over use,not a pretty seen.It's either in a can mixed with propane very explosive

Check the plugs and if it keeps wetting it's self a carb clean is in order,kinda sounds like you have a stuck float.But as you realy haven't tried anything to fix it start with the plugs and let us know how that goes spark or no spark.

LMFAO if it's your GF twat you can't get started then rub the man in the boat,talk dirty to her ,or buy her a nice dinner :biglaugha:.ROTF just had to it my 1200th post like the bandit o forget it I'm drunk...."I've been drunk for a week need a break from this so called vaction,need home for a rest" anyone know the band pougs I think,,

sorry I hijacked your thread will help fix your bike later

Edited by dt502001
  • Like 1

Hi all. Pulled the plugs one at a time no spark on any of the plugs . So have come to the conclusion it is an electrical fault would explain why the bike cut out on me .

According to the Manual it could be the Starter Relay. Will check it out . The more I think of it Definitely an electrical problem .Will just have to go through a process of elimination to sort it out.

Mel :eusa_think:

It doesn't sound like the relay. This may stop the bike from turning over but shouldn't stop a spark. Check power to the coils.

Hi DirtyDT thanks for the info about the coils. Checked the Starter relay / Starter cut off relay as per the Manual but they are working fine. I will check the coils .

Mel.

Hi DirtyDT thanks for the info u where spot on about the ignition coils. Pulled both coils off and tested them with the Multi meter. Both coils fucked. Priced new ones only £108 each fuck me I was not expecting that price. One thing about the XJ6 nice bike but the parts are expensive.

Cheers Mel

That's a kicker Mel, won't something else fit? £216 is a hefty price, suppose you now know why so many bikes get nicked (nasty bastards that they are) they get spares for free.

Hi Slice. It looks like I will have to pay £216 for two coils. Was looking through ebay spare parts. I think I could get a second hand pair of coils at a good price but are they of a good dealer. Then how long will they last for. Now I know why these cunts are stealing bikes for the spares because there is big money in it.

Its a lot of money to fork out. But if I buy them from Yamaha I know they will last.

Realy you need to double check the coil's I have never seen 2 go bad at the same time,are you getting a pulse from the pick up coil,test it as per the manual ,,,me thinks that would be your problem why 2 coils would drop out at once

• Like 1

Realy you need to double check the coil's I have never seen 2 go bad at the same time,are you getting a pulse from the pick up coil,test it as per the manual ,,,me thinks that would be your problem why 2 coils would drop out at once

Fully concur, the odds are against both failing, I would also do several net searches there must be a pattern coils that will do the job

Hi Guys thanks for the info .But I am going away this morning with work for a month so the bike will have to wait till I get back home. Yep both coils are kaput I took them to a garage and he got the same outcome as me. Just me fecking luck.

Cheers Mel

well that's a first when you get back let us know how you make out, i am currious if the tests have been done properly.Any cdi coil wil work and if you can borrow a friends coil's to be certian before putting out that kinda cash,as I said 2 coils droping at the same time is something I have never seen and can't see it happening, Normaly a coil will work or it won't and with you bike it has worked and then not so would leed me to belive something else is wrong,but stranger things have happened. Like the time I twised the crank in my 81 a perfect 180 and would still run and out of some mirical it didn't bend/hit a single valve :shrug:

Maybe rex could shed some light on this ?