`gear problem

mccarthy61
This post is 3919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you try eBay or googling the parts? that's what I do when i need a part, no matter the price, I always find what I'm looking for 99% of time.

R6"s seem to have gearbox issues, as theres been a few posts on here over the years,

It may be the selector pawl spring, this is outside the gearbox, behind the clutch basket, or the return spring, its in same area.

this is the cheapest /easy fix, best to try these first, then its an engine split :eusa_doh: if these fail to remedy the change issues,

Yep,,,, unfortunately R6's get the ball's driven outa them most of the time.

2nd gear gets the worst of the brunt,,,,,,, everyone throttles hard in 2nd usually all the way to 60mph......stupid I know but that what they do.

Do the easy checks first and lets hope that sorts you out.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a easy repair the problem was caused by the bearing on the rod which houses the gear selector being ceased up so the gears were just missing.

Lubricated the inside of the bearing with some z1 and adjusted the linkage now I get all gears so easily...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online