thundercat 600 strage bumping feeling??

gravygranules
This post is 3948 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello, im a newbie that's just bought a thundercat , and after appx 100 miles I can feel ( not hear) a strange kinda bump/knock thru the bike.

the engine starts/idles and sounds ok ( not that I know that much about them) and iv'e checked the tyres for foreign bodies

any ideas please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome gravy G, " :jossun: after 100mls or so. thats strange, what condition is the chain ?

sorry, ive confused you...my fault...I meant after 100 miles riding it myself :idea:.... its actually done 37000 miles and its a 1999.

I know jack about the mechanics of bikes to be honest, but im told by a guy at work its possibly a tightspot on the chain?

dangerous?

thanks for the reply by the way

Roll the bike forward, checking every couple of inches of chain to look for kinks and tight spots. That's how I had to do it when I first bought my Cat and didn't have a rear stand to put it up on. Does the bump increase with frequency as speed increases? Does it seem to smooth out as speed increases, or does it get worse? How old are the tires? I've had a tire with a plug in it before where it developed a little high spot, and it felt like a little bump or tire hop at speeds below 35 mph, but wasn't as noticable as I sped up.

A picture of the chain and sprockets would help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online