DEP

Taffman92
This post is 3937 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my DEP silencer on my DTR is broke, the weld on the last bracket has broke away and left a hole in the pipe and the weld holding the muffler on to the pipe has given way to so it just rattles around on the pipe, what I want to know is, I have a DEP expansion chamber on the bike, do I have to buy a DEP silencer or will another brand fit straight on like a Big One as I found a cheap one ???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well, hadn't had a chance to go get the silencer yet witch is lucky in a way as the expansion chamber has all of a sudden got a big hole in it, resulting in waking my neighbors up in the morning ,making me deaf and a slight loss in power. so I will have to get the full thing that will cost about £175 for a Big One system , do I need any rubber mounts or anything?? at the moment the one on it is bolted strait to the frame .

I put a Big One system on my bike (dt 125x) fitted a treat. One of the mounts for the silencer didn't quite line up but it's not been an issue.

one thing I would advise is to buy a couple of exhaust gaskets, decent ones at that because mine leaked a bit at first. And also maybe some exhaust putty just in case.

One thing I will say about the big one system is that it'll need some looking after, as it rusts quite easily if you get any salt on it.

Also maybe check your spark plug colour after fitting it, to make sure you don't need a rejet.

Big One fitted a treat just like you said, the only mount that dosen't line up is the one with the spring on the front of the frame, don't need it though because you have 2 coming off the manifold ,

IMG_0617_zps621ba518.jpg

the only thing I have found since taking the bike out for a spin is that the expansion chamber rubs against the bottom of the petrol tank and can get a bit annoying, i'll try and fit a small piece of rubber between them tomorrow

Sweet that's looking nice mate!

Didn't have a problem with the expansion chamber rubbing on the tank, but then again yours looks a bit different to mine.

That's strange, mine revs alot more freely than before.

Do you have a rev counter then?

Aftermarket jobby? I'm also guessing you removed the rev limiter?

Ah right thought you had the dtx like me, no rev counter on mine!

I have noticed that the pipe that joins the silencer and the expansion chamber is a lot thinner on the BigOne than the DEP witch will effect the pressure I think.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online