I'm back too

rolfg
This post is 6719 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It is pretty sad, that I had to be reminded of my long absence!

Thanks for reminding :)

Now that winter is here, more time to sit at ye olde computer.

Most of my riding this year was in Georgia,Tennessee, N.Carolina,WestVirginia,Virginia,Maryland'Ohio,a bit of Pennsylvania and of course Ontario.

Total miles put on the Yamaha FZ1 , this year , about 23 000km Kilometers,not miles.

In February a few weeks in Texas. Only problem there, Battery went dead.

Got to keep them rpms up :lol:

Any cold weather riders out there?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any cold weather riders out there?

Are you kidding? :D ...Of course there is! ;)

Scottgivingthebird.jpg

Been riding year-round for the past 20 years....

This was taken a coupla weeks ago on the way to Mt. St.Helens...this was about where we turned around & decided to take a different route. Surprisingly, the new IRC tires worked quite well in the white stuff. B)

Now I just need to get my Ski's HotWaxed & ready for some downHill action for when I'm NOT on the bike this winter ;)

• Admin

Well i have to say that im the biggest tart out there, my bike hardly ever went out if it was raining let alone snowing! :blink:

Well i have to say that im the biggest tart out there, my bike hardly ever went out if it was raining let alone snowing! :blink:

I'll go out in rain and cold, but not in snow anymore.

Here snow means salt on the road. Salt does wonders for polished aluminum :angry:

So Snowtime now is ATV time, for me.

Good for you YamaHead. But Dual-Sport bike and challenging backroads is a fine combination

that would lure me too. You have it, I don't :(

i ride all year round, in all weathers too. no car, no option. i enjoy it anyway, with correct gear on it's fine. and they're only bikes after all. keep up with servicing and cleaning and they're fine!

I was an all year round rider when I was young (like Alan ;) ) but these days I prefer the better weather for road riding. Like Rolfq I don't want to ride on the roads when they are loaded with salt but more than that being a rural area with no major routes except one, most of the roads around me are deadly at this time of year with tractors and log lorries carrying big areas of mud and slime onto the tarmac, all laced with diesel as well. Not nice :angry:

Maybe if a trailie came my way though.... :rolleyes:

Andy

to be honest when i'm in the position to have a car again(settled with a girl will prob be when that comes) i'll use it to go to work etc. in winter.. i dont mind winter commuting at the moment, i get by fine, and there are some great rides to have on cold crisp days. but if i had the choice i know which one i'd take on a cold and raining/snowing crappy morning. i dont think there's any shame in it, and it doesnt make you less of a rider. i do think however that every rider should have a spell of all year round riding to put down as experience. it does teach you a hell of a lot about bike control. not to mention looking after your bike or it WILL go bad

I've just "converted" to commuting on my bike -

and I have to say mentally I'm all the better for it.

I fitted my daily driver - a 83 Suzuki GR650 with a Maier winsdcreen -

and that made a big difference.

NEWfront.JPG

If it's snowing or raining - then I'll drive - but even if it's cold, I'm riding.

Cheers,

dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online