Hello from a Newbie

This post is 3958 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say hello. My name is Stu, I'm 50 and I've been a biker since I was 16.

I've been through a number of bikes over the years, including my share of Yamahas. My favourite was an old XT 550.

For the last few years I've had a BMW R1200 GS and BMW C1 125 - I suppose you could say I'm a confirmed BMW'er now - something to do with age, I suspect.

However, I've just bought a lovely old 1998 SR 125 for my lad, hence my joining the forum. Really nice condition, under 8,000 miles and obviously very well looked after. Its old, its clunky, its not very fast but its a classic. It's got those great '80s chopper/cruiser looks though and even the colour (maroon) fits the style. I would've given my eye teeth for a bike like this when I was 17. (At 17, I had an ancient Honda SS 50...)

I picked it up on Saturday, climbed on and rode it 65 miles home. Although no racing bike, it didn't miss a beat. I'm impressed. My lad has been on a Piaggio Zip 50 for the past year and I taught him to ride the geared SR yesterday. Happy to say he did well ans some great father/son bonding time.

I have a couple of requests for advice about the bike, which I'll try to post in the appropriate spot.

Looking forward to being part of what looks like a great forum.

Regards

Stu

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow! You're a fantastic dad! :welcome:

Welcome Stu, great intro. its amazing that you"ve taken to the smaller bike after a 1200 :welcome:

Yep as SACHA said great DAD postr up you quweries and they will get answered soon I'm sure ther are so many sr125 owners here you should get answers quickly.

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online