Is bike restricted

Thfc
This post is 3978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just purchased a 57 plate dtr 125 se,the previous has done the rev limiter mod by earthing the correct wire to the frame,he claims to have put a standard exhaust on the bike from an 03 model which he says are de- restricted.i can only Manage to get 60 mph from the bike,is this all i should expect to get.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats about it without tuning.

Restricted is an abused word with 125s. When the law first changed 125s were tidy and fast and the new laws ment they got pegged back.

Modern stuff makes what its designed to make and 60mph is ok for a dt125.

Top speed is affected more by your weight than anything on a dt.

Thats about it without tuning.

Restricted is an abused word with 125s. When the law first changed 125s were tidy and fast and the new laws ment they got pegged back.

Modern stuff makes what its designed to make and 60mph is ok for a dt125.

Top speed is affected more by your weight than anything on a dt.

It's nice and nippy round town and stays in the powerband it's on a longer trip I could have done with a bit extra.would I gain anything from putting on a dep or big one full system

Maybe a bit but you will be trading torque to get it.

There are far better authorities on the liquid cooled dts than i. They can give you much better info.

This thread may not be any help but it will show you the level of the forum sometimes!

I have a 07 plate dt 125x, supermoto version of yours, only non standard thing is full big one exhaust system. Having noticed much difference with the top end since fitting, but makes the powerband much more noticeable.

Maybe check your gearing?