gpz750r carbs

gareth jones 48
This post is 4060 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi out there. iv got a 1985 gpz750r .fires first go .have new petcock fitted carb repair kit fitted.now bike had been rapped up for 7years.now it only runs on 3 and im geting petrol in my oil from the cylinder thats not fireing. this cylinder is connected to the petcock valve .do i look for a set of carbs .help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Float is sticking on that carb, flooding that cylnder" an filling sump with fuel. carb strip time,, oil change too. :yeah:

good spark .new ht leads and caps .been striped down twice now always the same cylinder .to the reply about pey cock one hose to fuel rail other to front of carb to open diofram in petcock valve. me thinks get a set of carbs from breakers

still the same with or without choke. picking a set of carbs up on sat . dumped the oil for the second time .its getting expensiveat 40e a gallon and just at the end of this restoration.will post results on sat night fingers crossed