'yamaha 125 e' issue

ESPANTA
This post is 4061 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep parts bin time.

Dt/At/Ty/Ct parts are so interchangeable they did quite literally use what they had at the time. Then stamped the number.

Get some weird combos.

Its just one of the american halfbreeds. Not sure why but they seem to get ty bottom ends with the electric start to make the engine for the US we didnt get them. Happy to kick i suppose.

Wouldnt be surprised if it had the dodgy ty gear mech too. Unlike the dt where the gear lever shaft travels right across the bike they have a stub shaft set up that wears badly causing selection problems if neglected.

Wouldnt be surprised if it had the dodgy ty gear mech too. Unlike the dt where the gear lever shaft travels right across the bike they have a stub shaft set up that wears badly causing selection problems if neglected.

didnt quite understood what you meanted to say here. what system is it? got any pics?

and what do you mean by electric start?

Look here.

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-ty175c-1976_model8575/partslist/

If you look at shifter 1 and shifter 2. on other yam models its a full shaft that crosses the engine and is much more robust. As to the electric start some do some dont. Beleive me when i say your far better without it.

i got it now. dt50lc for example uses that shift lever system.

i just asked cause i could be getting the wrong idea about the electric start thing. it could mean something else different here. and yeah its something to avoid. gains nothing but weight on the flywheel.