Just popping in

Bimbler
This post is 4109 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, I'm a bit new to this but I've had a look round and it all seems quite civilised.

I've been around bikes since the late '60s my first real bike was a James 250 Sports Superswift and then moved on to Bonnies and a Triton and then the same old story marriage and all that, just the odd small commuting honda but nothing for a while. Anyway I recently got an XT 660 R and well I'm impressed. Its the most comfortable machine I've ridden and suits me perfect.

Ive got a couple of questions if someone can answer or advise, First can anyone recommend a suitable replacement chain and sprocket kit nothing too fancy or pricey (ub 40) I'm no boy racer and occasionally do a bit of green laning.

Secondly any advice on smoothing out a bit the "surging injector problem" at low revs I seem to remember reading something about that somewhere.

Anyway any thoughts appreciated, cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi bimbler " lots of XT fans on here, i"v ridden a KLE500 last summer , and thot it was the comfiest bike i"v ridden , good brakes just lacked grunt , some day i"l get a tenerie or XT,,, :jossun:

Cheers John,

I've looked into the power commander it looks a bit technical for me but will try and boff up a bit on it and see where I get. I cant believe how out of touch I am with the technical developments of bikes, need a degree of some sort nowadays before I start tinkering. Anyway, touch wood, the reliability factor is there now so I'll just enjoy the ride.