Recently Fell off my Bike!

TomKemm94
This post is 4124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Braked too hard and the wheel locked and went form underneath me, luckily im fine and the bike cosmetically is pretty good, however.. when i start it up it goes straight to about 2 and a half thousand revs just standing still.. which is slightly worrying, im clueless about bikes so be easy on me lol. i just wanted to know what you guys think the problem is..

Also theres a tiny hole just below my foot peg on my exhaust, am i right in thinking thats a drain hole?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tom

Just check the throttle cable has not jammed somwhere during the fall. Open and close the throttle a few times and it should snap shut.

Dont worry about the off, as long as you learn from it. When I was 17 I fell off, doing the exact same thing, about 4 or 5 times before my slow witted brain put 2 and 2 together

ps. Head over to the intro section and stick a few lines in about yourself and your bike

Have a qualified mechanic check everything over. Your life depends on the good nick of this machine, so anything else is just stupid.

Failing that, make sure your idle adjuster has not been knocked or anything.