Stolen YBR 125

Arancara
This post is 4060 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK for laugh's would you be willing to,tell us every time it has something wrong/broken worn fast ect..? To do some sort of independent study?

You allready have a list of thing's that went wrong,or as you said wasn't assembled right,lacked attention. Nothing like havin to check FB daily to see if your ride is safe. :eusa_shifty:

So bippo has a new(8 ish months old) 125 ybr and so far as I know she hasn't had any probs and riding daily. Also the other members have daily rides who could add input.

We might have to wake up bippo to compare she hasn't been talking/ here for a while...but I bet you will be fixing yours while she is ridin. the same thing she bought and your daughter has a go cart .

Again realy sorry for your loss of your ybr to some scum bag.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have been monitoring how things go on my blog and any failures, I've got nothing to hide. At the moment its rusted less than my ybr did. I loved the YBR, but my exhuast had nearly corroded through in 2 months and the rear arm was rusting. Speaking of which the YBR was made in china, just with better quality control, so don't knock the chinese bike till you tried it :P haha

Early days yet though, we'll see how it goes only like 4 more months and its big boy bike time hopefully, which I'm struggling to decide on as I find the last incarnations of the yammy bikes abit ugly at the front. I tried a Diversion F 600, nice bike all around just hate the front starfish headlight.

OK for laugh's would you be willing to,tell us every time it has something wrong/broken worn fast ect..? To do some sort of independent study?

You allready have a list of thing's that went wrong,or as you said wasn't assembled right,lacked attention. Nothing like havin to check FB daily to see if your ride is safe. :eusa_shifty:

So bippo has a new(8 ish months old) 125 ybr and so far as I know she hasn't had any probs and riding daily. Also the other members have daily rides who could add input.

We might have to wake up bippo to compare she hasn't been talking/ here for a while...but I bet you will be fixing yours while she is ridin. the same thing she bought and your daughter has a go cart .

Again realy sorry for your loss of your ybr to some scum bag.

I'm here! Have been a bit quiet recently, but still checking in regularly :jossun:

Firstly, Arancara - sorry to hear about your YBR being stolen, dirty scumbags... On the plus side, I like the little secured area you've built outside your house - I hope it helps.

Your little Chinese bike looks smart, but it's a shame to see what you've had to go through considering it's new. I doubt other buyers do what you have, which is perhaps why their longevity is so poor.

With regards to my YBR - bought it new in September last year, it's completely standard (decided to save my money for obtaining my full licence).

It gets worked quite hard - my commute to work is an 80 mile round trip over the Pennines, so I've encountered all sorts of weather and have learnt to live with the crap headlight in dense fog (although my glasses are now considerably thicker... :eusa_doh:). It's also taken me on a few 400+ mile trips, and I'm planning a camping trip at some point this year which is looking to add 800+ miles onto the clock.

So what have I spent on it so far, and what has gone wrong with it?

• The bike has only been maintained via the scheduled Yamaha service intervals and my own basic maintenance (chain adjustment, cleaning, tyres etc).
  • I regularly coat the bike in ACF-50 and (touch wood), the bike isn't showing any signs of corrosion or rust despite it being used in all weathers and being stored outside.
  • Occasionally the rear, right indicator falls out of it's rubber bung. Very minor point to raise though and takes two seconds to pop back in. In fact it's only happened twice, and I wouldn't be surprised if I caused it when moving the bike about. Still, thought I'd mention it as other owners have raised a similar point.
  • Presently, one of the bulbs has gone in the instrument panel which means half of the speedo isn't lit up in darkness. I'll be fixing that once I've gone and bought a replacement bulb.
  • I ended up having to buy a new rear tyre after 500 miles due to a puncture. You mention that your new bike has better handling than the YBR, however I notice in your original picture your YBR has the stock tyres on them. Most owners upgrade to Pilot Sporty's - and the handling is far better with them on. I was considering replacing the stock on on the front, but it hasn't caused me any issues throughout winter and again, I'm planning on getting my full licence later this year which will mean selling the YBR.

All in all, it's proven to be a reliable little tyke - and great fun! Here's hoping your Lexmoto turns out to be stress-free.