Hi from the North East..

This post is 4126 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya from a 'mature' motorcycle enthusiast in County Durham.. Been a member for a wee while but mainly for the reading of various interesting topics...

After a few drinks yesterday and browsing Ebay on 'tinternet in the pub I came across a semi complete Turbo kit for an FZR1000.. Trauma is... I won it.. :)

Suffice to say - As soon as it arrives my tired old FZR will be getting a little attention paid to it. Looks like I'll be chucking more than a few hours overtime in at work to finance it. Any input will be appreciated as soon as I get started and hopefully I'll try to keep the work well documented with pics and a few choice words when things start going together...

Dick... AKA - PowerDrinker ( It's the Newcastle Brown Ale y'know)

(Might copy n paste this to 'Workshop' too.. )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome dick " Canny lad , & kendawg , are members close to you, thers a big to-stroke meet in Newton Aycliff, in August every year,, attended by a few off us,

:welcome: to the YOC! My favorite is the 1554 black ale from the folks at New Belgium. :)

Cheers for the welcomes guys... Sacha... The main point of drinking Newcastle Brown Ale is...... It's a local beer. I love Hoegarden.. It's a Blonde Beer from Belgium I think but I don't class it as my everyday run of the mill pint after work. ;~)

Hi welcome can't wait for the info on the turbo project

Ah... I see. Then for local beer I'd have to say my favorite is Midnight Satin from Portneuf Valley Brewery here in Pocatello... or Mount Borah brown from Bertram's Brewery in my hometown (Salmon).

Alreet kidda... As John said i am just up the road in Gateshead... theres another whopper of a 2 stroke meet at squires in september... John never joined us on the rideout cos he is chicken lol...

He bobbed along with a few other DT boys and still got lost... i sense a theme here John that your sense of direction is bollox mate :P

I've been doing some of that reminiscing thing recently and it involves 2 strokes.. Last one I had was an x7 but I'm having some rather strange yet exotic dreams about owning a 500LC or 500 Gamma.. Not sure anything with less horsepower could cope with my portly figure. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online